Saturday, July 26, 2014

30 Days with Ceramides


This is my wrap up post for the 30 Days with Ceramides Challenge hosted by Just Grow Already and Relaxed Hair Therapy.


I used ceramides with wash days (weekly), deep conditions, and daily with moisturizing and sealing.

On wash days I prepooed with Grapeseed oil, Sunflower oil or Coconut oil and placed Tresemme' Naturals conditioner or another conditioner of choice over the oil for at least 30 minutes. I covered my head with a heat cap.

I usually rotate leave ins, so it's a toss up between Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 or Aussie Hair Insurance. After applying my leave in of choice, I seal with an oil mix of Grapeseed oil, Sunflower oil, and Macadamia oil to seal my hair.  I also used Coconut oil during my washes when I used the L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Erasing Balm. Adding oil with this product just made my hair even softer while detangling and after for styling. 

How does my hair feel:

My hair feels so soft and silky. I originally started using Grapeseed oil because of the ceramides and how they are good for sealing the cuticle. So, it was no problem to incorporate some of the other oils that contain ceramides as well because I loved the results I was already receiving. 

Overall thoughts about ceramides:

The biggest difference I have noticed after incorporating ceramides into my regimen weekly is that my hair is much softer and feels light and fluffy to the touch.  It has great body and movement, if I air dry or flat iron. I love how soft and smooth my hair feels. The shine is amazing when used to seal the hair or just add some extra shine. Sorry, no pics this time, but I will be adding some soon after I texlax in a few days. Ceramides are definitely a keeper!!! Give them a try...until next time.

Blessed Tresses

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome you were able to see such a difference. I need some ceramides in my arsenal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tomes :-) Yes, you should definitely give ceramides a try. I'm sure you will love the results.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for participating in the challenge and giving an awesome recap! I'm glad you had success; ceramides rock and give great shine. I can tell when I skip out on using ceramides. My hair isn't as shiny and as manageable. Again, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I appreciate you ladies having this challenge because it introduced me to some great products/oils with ceramides. I love my hair and get lots of compliments on the shine when I use ceramides in my regimen.

      Delete
    2. That's freaking cool. Compliments make it well worth it.

      Delete

I love hearing from you...Have a blessed day!