Saturday, November 8, 2014

Wash Day-13 weeks post

After being sick for a few weeks, my hair was in desperate need of some tender loving care.  I prepooed with my oil mix (castor, coconut, amla, wild growth oil) for about 1 hour under a conditioning cap. Next, I washed with Silk Elements moisturizing shampoo, then applied my Aphogee 2 minute reconstructurizer for about 20 minutes.  My hair was super soft and silky and detangled with no problems at all.  I applied my leave-in, Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 and let my hair air dry for approximately 2 hours.  Once completely dry, I sealed with grapeseed and sunflower oil, added a little bit of Optimum Care heat protection and flat ironed.

I'm very happy with my hair-it was soft and silky smooth. My goal is to keep babying my ends, keep applying a mix of oils that promote growth, taking my vitamins and drinking plenty of water.  To ensure that I get my water in I joined Jeni's 30 day water challenge. There's nothing like a great challenge to keep you motivated and accountable.  After reading about micro-trimming here: http://relaxedhairhealth.blogspot.com (Part 1 and 2) I became quite interested. So, I decided to give it a try.  I trimmed 1/4 an inch about 2 weeks ago to see how it works out for me and to thicken my ends.  I will keep you all updated on how micro trimming is working or not.  Here are a few pics from my wash day....

After wash-no product on hair
                                                   
Fresh wash and flat iron
 Until next time.....have a blessed evening :-)


2 comments:

  1. How's the micro trimming working for you? I can see your ends looking really thick already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tomes, so far I think it's working. My ends definitely feel thicker. I'm going to try it for at least 3-6 months. Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete

I love hearing from you...Have a blessed day!