Saturday, October 18, 2008

2nd Prepoo with Moisture Mix

June 16, 08

Ok, I decided to try Sophia's moisture mix (big shout out!!!!). It was wonderful and I love it. I have decided to use this mix as a staple for my prepoos and for moisture. I used Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner, EVOO, Castor oil, and honey. Warmed in the microwave as suggested and mixed in a bowl. As I told Sophia, my nephew thought I was a little crazy and was very concerned that my hair would be sticky. It was not sticky in any way. I decided to apply the mix to my hair like I do when I relax it (I am approx. 11 weeks post relaxer) and made sure that I really got the ends good, put my plastic cap on for 45 minutes, rinsed out and washed with CON. My hair was so soft when I rinsed it. I conditioned my hair with Tresemme again and put my cap back on for another 15 minutes. After I rinsed this out, I applied my Motions Nourish Leave-in Conditioner and sealed my ends with castor oil. I let my hair air dry about 85%, but it was still wet the next morning so I sort of backslid and used the dryer for a few minutes. My hair was still very soft and manageable. I applied Let's Jam Heat Styles Straightening Creme and flat ironed because I was going to church. Overall, this was a wonderful experience and I would recommend if you haven't tried Sophia's moisture mix, please do. My hair still feels very soft, silky and looks shiny. As soon as I get my camera fixed I will post pics. I will definitely be doing this again so eventually you will get to see the end results.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think this is best as a prepoo or a dc? I want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only tried it as a prepoo. I wonder how it would be as a dc...might have to try it and see. When I did it as a prepoo my hair felt so silky, soft and it had shine, so a dc would probably be good for that too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Have a blessed day!